Eikenes, J.O.(2010). Navimation: a sociocultural exploration of kinetic interface design. Oslo School of Architecture and Design, Institute of Design, Oslo.
Kratky, A., Kuhn, V. and Eikenes, J.O.(2015). Coping with the big data dump: Towards a framework for enhanced information representation. First Monday, 20(6).
Eikenes, J.O.(2010). Connecting motional form to interface actions in web browsing: Investigating through motion sketching. FORMakademisk, 3(1), 80-100.
Eikenes, J.O. and A. Morrison (2010). Navimation: Exploring time, space & motion in the design of screen-based interfaces. International Journal of Design, 4(1), 1-16.
Conference publications: short and long papers
Eikenes, J.O. (2012). “(E)motional design: double mediation in kinetic interfaces”. Paper presented at Out of Control. The 8th International Conference on Design & Emotion. 11-14 September.
Eikenes, J. O. (2009). “Social navimation: Engaging interfaces in social media”. Paper presented at Engaging Artifacts. The 3rd Nordic design research conference (NORDES). 31 August-1 September.
Morrison, A. & Eikenes, J.O. (2008). “The times are a-changing in the interface“. Multimodality and Learning. An international conference. Institute of Education, University of London. June 19-20.
Eikenes, J.O. and M. Wennesland. (2006). ‘Multi-touch soundlines’. Nordic Music Technology Conference NoMuTe2006. NTNU, Trondheim. October 10-12.
Knutsen, J., Eikenes, J.O., Romm, J. (2009) “AHO design research report: Case #2: NRK Urørt first iteration”.
Knutsen, J., Eikenes, J.O., Romm, J., Morrison, A. (2008). “AHO design research report: Case #1: Telenor football service”.
Navimation is a concept denoting the combination of navigation and visual motion in screen-based interfaces. About navimation.
- SpotTrack: Award for Design Excellence
- VizBox Bergen og årets geogründer
- Fulbright report: six months at the School of Cinematic Arts in Los Angeles
- The VizBox Experiments
- TopoBox: exploring a tangible dataviz platform
- Norway in 3D part I: from DEM to 3D surface
- Using visualization for understanding survey data
- Story kicking big data
- Fulbright project: Dynamic Information Visualization
- Visiting Fulbright scholar at USC in Los Angeles
- (E)motional design paper at DANDE2012
- 3,5 års arbeid på 6 minutt og 40 sekund
- PhD thesis online
- New video: Kinetic Interface Design
- Presentasjon: Skisser utanfor boksen